Cities Skylines Snowfall Expansion Announced
Colossal Order announce Cities Skylines Snowfall expansion in teaser trailer:
The teaser trailer shows Cities Skylines Snowfall being a holiday-season expansion, with activities like skiing and skating, and the introduction of trams.
Some of you may remember this little guy was posted yesterday:
Something is happening tomorrow. That something is a thing and that thing you will know soon. Are you ready? https://t.co/bOVmAWj2Jw
— Cities Skylines (@Cities_PDX) January 18, 2016
We thought long and hard: what does he signify? What is going to happen? As promised, today Paradox showed us. Here is a little breakdown of what it seems will be in Cities Skylines Snowfall.
The introduction of snow and the Northern Lights into Cities Skylines promises for more beautiful evenings.
Trams are definitely going to be a feature. The teaser trailer follows the tram around showing us lots of little features which we will look at. This opens amazing opportunities to create assets like Toronto’s TTC Street Car or L.A.’s tram system.
With ice-skating being a new option, Cims will travel from all around the world to visit you little snowy town. Make sure you have enough hotels to accommodate them!
It’s not exactly clear whether this will be a type of residential zone or whether it’ll be some sort of cabin for you town’s skiers. Either way, I’m excited! Adds so much to the snowy theme.
This view is astonishing! The current scenes in Cities Skylines are beautiful as they are. But it seems as though they are going to get even better.
Looks like some sort of manor house. Perhaps a luxury house for your mayor to live, or maybe a fancy hotel.
Here are the features confirmed by Paradox:
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges
- The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
- Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
- New Chirps: #yeahthereare
The features I’m most excited are the tram and the beautiful scenery. What’s your favourite feature and what feature would you like most to be in this expansion pack?